How to Eliminate Back Fat
Great advice from our Retreat Spa Fitness Team !
Back bulge around the bra area is not fun to deal with, but you can feel more confident in your own skin with just a little extra effort. Sure, targeting specific body parts to burn fat does not always work, but these healthy tips can help you get the results you want!
Turn Up Your Cardio
If you are serious about getting rid of fat, you have got to start getting serious about cardio. You should perform 45- to 60-minute sessions 4 or 5 times a week. For even more intense , go for , which alternates between periods of pushing your body and recovery, since it offers an ‘after-burn effect’. This means that after exercising, your body can burn more calories even at rest or sleep, than it would after completing a steady-paced workout.
Focus on Toning
Add moves that sculpt your back, shoulders and oblique’s to reveal the strong muscles that lie beneath. Posture-improving exercises can also do wonders! Practicing Yoga and Pilates can help you take off back fat too, focusing on core strength.
Try the following exercises:
· Lie on your belly, engage your abs and extend your arms straight out in front of you.
· Lift your legs, arms and chest off the floor. Hold for a count of 5 and then slowly release your body back to the floor, keeping your abdominals engaged.
· Repeat 8-12 times.
· Stand with your feet together. Inhale as you extend your arms out wide in a ‘T’ position or straight overhead for a more advanced variation.
· Exhale as you bend forward at your hips, lifting your right leg straight behind you coming into Warrior 3. Draw your navel toward your spine and hold for 5 breaths. Then come to stand, lower your right leg and repeat with the left leg lifted for another 5 breaths.
· Continue this movement another 2 times on each side.
Pilates Swimming on the Mat:
· Begin on your stomach with your arms extended in front of you.
· Keeping your neck neutral and in line with your spine, lift your feet, arms and chest from the floor.
· Begin to ‘swim’ by lifting your opposite arm and leg a little higher, then alternate sides, making a fluttering motion.
· Continue this movement for one minute, paying attention to your breathing, and keeping your core very tight throughout.
· Rowing can be an ideal exercise to strengthen back muscles, whilst also benefiting from cardio.
Bent Over Row:
· Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet hips-width distance apart. Keep a slight bend in your knees. Fold your torso forward so your back is almost parallel with the floor and your arms are extended out, in line with your shoulders. Draw your abs in to protect your lower back.
· As you exhale, bring your elbows toward your shoulders and close to your side. To get the upper back working, think of sliding your shoulder blades together. As you inhale, slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position. This counts as one rep.
· With control, perform 8-12 reps 3-4 times.
Side Plank Knee Tuck:
· Start by propping your body up on one arm, while raising the other arm straight up in the air. By raising the opposite arm you are stretching out and isolating the obliques.
· Stagger your feet so that the top foot is in front of your bottom foot. While keeping your body perfectly straight, bring your bottom foot as far to your chest as possible. Hold your knee at your chest for one second and repeat the motion.
· Do 12-15 reps per side. Make sure you keep your body straight!!! As this starts to get too easy try to hold your knee into your chest for longer than one second.
Choosing healthier foods and cooking up cleaner recipes are essential in your battle against back bulge. Check for for breakfast, lunch, dinner - and even snacks that can support your goals.
Shop Your Shape
OK, this will not really get rid of fat, but it will certainly help you feel more comfortable in your skin. If you're concerned about the bulge around your bra, it simply might be time to go up a size in your bra or jeans. Flattering clothes will help you feel more confident so that you feel less stressed. Instead of getting caught up in the size you are wearing, always focus on how you feel in the clothes you are in.
For more infromation on our Retreat Spa Fitness Facilities visit: Retreat Spa Fitness